The goals of North West Photo Fest are:
- To promote and celebrate photography by all residents of northwestern British Columbia, including First Nations.
- To celebrate, promote and explore the challenges of photography in small towns not only in British Columbia but around the world.
- To make the world more aware of the beauty of the northwest, the coast, the rivers, the mountains, the wildlife and to attract photographers to come here to shoot and enjoy what we are lucky enough to see year round.
- To improve the skills and abilities of photographers in northwest British Columbia from the beginner through the enthusiastic amateur to the professional.
- To increase awareness of low impact wilderness photography, respect for the environment and health and safety on both land and sea.