Celebrating and featuring North West talent
The festival features the photographic talent in the British Columbia northwest. We live among some of the most spectacular scenery in the world that features wildlife from humpback whales and orcas, grizzly and black bears to tiny songbirds. The region is more and more in the news, so photojournalism is a vital field to explain the north-west of Canada to the world.
Photo exhibition opening: Thursday, August 9 at 7:30 p.m.
'The Wilderness around Us', 'The Best of Canadian Photojournalists 2017':
This event is free and open to all ages - no registration required. Location: Kitimat Museum & Archives. The exhibition will run from August 9 to September 8, 2018.
Photo-walk: Saturday, August 18: 9 am [$15.00]
Alpine Trek for alpine flower and wildlife photography with photographer Jim Thorne. (Date subject to change)
Fest Weekend: Saturday and Sunday
- Adult-$15 per day, $25 both days
- Student-$7.50 per day, $10 both days (Student ID required)
Saturday, August 11 includes:
· Beginners photography and photo processing with Ab Morrison-Hayward 1pm at the Kitimat Public Library.
· Photo-walks with Jason Kazuta and Craig Minielly.
Starts at Minette Bay Lodge at 9:30 a.m.
*Note: Sessions run simultaneously.
Sunday, August 12: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. includes:
· Photographic sessions with Jason Kazuta, Craig Minielly, Ab Morrison-Hayward, Mike Ambach, and Talon Gillis in the Activity Room at Riverlodge Recreation Centre.