You’re invited to an update and planning meeting for North West Photo Fest 2018, at the Kitimat Museum and Archives at 7:30 pm on Thursday, February 15, 2018.
North West Photo Fest Society
As of January 1, North West Photo Fest is now a society under the British Columbia Society Act.
As a Society we can now open up our planning for the 2018 and future festivals to our supporters in Kitimat, Terrace and across the northwest.
For the past three years the Kitimat Museum and Archives have been handling our finances. After three years of success, the festival is now an independent society, which will make us eligible for more financing support from the federal and provincial governments as well as from the private sector.
Now that we are formal Society, we will need members for our board of directors, especially a society treasurer and society secretary as well as additional volunteer directors. I know many Kitimat residents have multiple commitments, but if the festival is to grow to support regional photographers and to promote tourism in the Kitimat region, we need directors and volunteers to help us put the festival on during the weekend of August 10 to 12, 2018.
Theme 2018 The Wilderness Around Us.
Our theme for 2018 is The Wilderness Around Us. The festival’s aim this year to bring to together the people of the northwest region and emphasize the experience of residents where everyone carries a camera from a mobile phone to a professional model and can photograph the wilderness on a daily basis.
Agenda for the meeting
1. Update on the North West Photo Fest Society, brief explanation of constitution, bylaws and membership requirements. Request for volunteers for board of directors
2. Call for volunteers to help with planning and mounting the festival in July and August.
3. Call for suggestions for programming, workshops and photo walks or photo adventures.
4. Call for suggestions to engage northwest BC residents.
5. Call for suggestions to promote tourism in the Kitimat region through the photo festival.
6. Any other suggestions.
North West Photo Festival Society